What is Starlight Cinema?
Looking for new ways to bring your community together? The Film and Video Arts Society’s Starlight Cinema can help with an outdoor screening of your favorite family friendly movie.
Starlight Cinema is:
- Affordable – FAVA is a not-for-profit organization that charges only the amount necessary to pay for set-up/tear-down crews and equipment maintenance. Your cost also includes the licensing fees to screen your movie of choice.
- Appealing to all – Who doesn’t love a movie night? An outdoor screening surrounded by your community, friends and family is an evening all ages will remember and enjoy.
- Easy – FAVA does all the technical work. Whether you want a simple outdoor screening or a drive-in, we take care of the screen, projection, audio, and licensing for your movie of choice. All you need to do is bring the audience!
- Suitable for audiences up to 750 people
- Suitable for low to medium wind conditions
- 6500 Lumen Full HD Cinema Projector
- FAVA set up, projection, and tear down crew
Note: Concession, admission, marketing, washrooms, venue, and ushering are responsibilities of the client.
SET-UP + STANDARD RUN TIME
6:00 pm Set Up
8:00 pm All Set
8:45 pm* Pre-Show
9:00 pm Screening
11:00 pm Tear Down
12:00 am Leave Site
Starlight Cinema starts around sunset. Starting time may vary to have ideal darkness for main screening. Please check what time sun down is expected to be on your selected event day.
1 Night, 1 Screening
- Standard rate (May-Oct): $3,600
- Winter Rate (Nov-April): $3,700
Prices may vary depending on the film licensing fee.
Not-for-Profits are eligible for the following discounts:
FAVA Film Discount
- Save $200 – Screen a FAVA Film during preshow. FAVA will have a selection of films for you to choose from that compliment your main screening.
- Save $400 – Provide 2 volunteers for setup
Our Drive-In Rental Package includes all the same features and rates as the Standard Rental Package. But, we swap out the PA System for a low-power FM transmitter. Viewers turn off their engines and leave their car battery on to use their radio.
Things to Consider:
- The venue needs to be able to accommodate multiple cars
- Transmitter reaches a max of 500 ft.
- Screen Area requires 15A circuits x 2
- Safety Area needs to be close to car access
- Power sources are needed within 50 ft. of Safety Area
- Viewers are not allowed inside the Safety Area
Site planning is the responsibility of the client. This includes the concession, admission, washrooms, tents and all other structures.
CLICK THE IMAGE for a better view at the dimensions!
Start your Starlight Cinema Application Below!
Spots fill up space in the summer months, so please consider a few dates for your event if possible!
Rental Office Hours and Location
Production Equipment Rentals and Studios offices are in Room 381B in the North most section of the building (quickly accessible from the North Parkade). Click here to view the map.
- Monday to Friday 10:00am – 6:00pm (closed for lunch 1:30-2:30pm)
- FAVA Staff are not available or on-call on weekends and holidays unless arrangements have been made
- Contact Information:
- [email protected]
- (780) 424-4368