Please visit the Alberta Health website for pertinent information regarding COVID-19 in Alberta.
To get updates about FAVA’s Operations please sign up for our newsletter here.
The Film and Video Arts Society of Alberta recognizes the importance of following Covid-19 best practices in terms of safety, contact and hygiene. FAVA will be following the recommendations of all levels of government in terms of when and how to best re-integrate back into standard operations. Currently, FAVA is maintaining a strict safety measure of physical distancing. As we enter a period of re-integration, FAVA will be following all health and industry recommendation to ensure the safety of our members and production community. It should be noted that our offices are within a City of Edmonton property and our operations are subject to City of Edmonton Covid-10 decisions and protocols.
Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive up-to-date information and changes to our operations. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
UPDATED AUGUST 25TH 2020:
- Rentals will continue our operation hours of:
- MONDAY – THURSAY 10am – 6pm (closed for lunch 1:30-2:30pm)
- Our weekend rental rate of 1.5 days will continue to apply for Thursday – Monday rentals.
- We will continue to be open to members and the public by appointment only.
- Invoices for rentals are required to be paid online before you pick up the rental for Associate Members and non-members. General, Producer, and Lifetime Members will have 30 days to settle their invoices. (In-person payment is possible with debit/credit only, we are currently not accepting cash for hygiene reasons).
- In-house equipment preparation and testing is now available in our equipment depot. Arrange an equipment test before your rentals by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- To ensure safety of our members all equipment will have a 4-day cool-down period, they will not be available for rental for 4-days after it is returned.
- Persons entering the depot are required to maintain physical-distancing (stay 6ft apart) and are strongly encouraged to wear PPE and practice hand sensitization/washing before entering/exiting the depot.
Studios & Facilities:
The Orange Hub managed by the City of Edmonton is beginning to open to our membership for studio and facility rentals. Studio Rentals will be considered on a case-by-case basis taking into consideration frequency, duration, and the size of groups renting. To ensure safe hygiene the following changes have taken place:
- The Orange Hub is managed by the City of Edmonton and requires that face masks be worn inside the building by all visitors. Bringing your own face mask is strongly encouraged but disposable ones will be provided if necessary at the North Entrance as part of the check-in process.
- Payment must be made online prior to the rental period (ask about artist deferral offerings)
- Renters must fill out the Public Health Screening Checklist and agree to the rental terms in this document.
- Items within the studio have been limited to reduce touched surfaces
- Only the North Parkade entrance is open at this time. Call FAVA when you arrive, we will let you into the building.
- City of Edmonton requires a sign in for all people entering the building, not just the renter of the studio.
- Studios will be sanitized between rentals made by separate renters.
- Hand sanitizer is provided in each studio.
- We encourage the use of PPE
- Non-water bottle fountains have been disabled
- Some bathrooms are closed
- Stairwells are single direction only, please mind the signage
- Building hours are M-F 7am-7pm and Sat./Sun./Holidays 9am-4pm.
To see our full terms of Studio and Facilities rentals please read this document.
Programming and Membership
- At this time, FAVA’s classes and workshops are taking place online with video conferencing.
- Memberships can still be paid for and purchased however all transactions will happen online or by phone vs. in-person
- FAVA staff will be working from home whenever possible. Please ensure you contact FAVA before coming down to the Orange Hub.
- Fall 2020 Classes be taking place online and in-person with the following measures:
- Classes will be held in a larger space so physical distancing can be easily practiced.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided in the instruction space.
- PPE must be worn during any hands-on activities. Masks and gloves will be available if you do not bring your own.
- The above Equipment Rentals and Studio safety protocols will also apply to gear and studios used for instruction including the screening checklist.
- This fall we are offering Workshop on Producing Online, Intermediate Screenwriting Online, Video Kitchen Online Lectures & limited In-person Equipment Instruction.
If you have any questions, please contact us by email:
Executive Director: Kelly Service – email@example.com
Programming & Membership Director: Heather Noel – firstname.lastname@example.org
Rentals: Jaime McRae – email@example.com
Studios: Cole Martin – firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing, Communications and Events Director: Sylvia Douglas – email@example.com
Arts Management System (AMS) Project Manager: Cam Restrepo firstname.lastname@example.org