The Film and Video Arts Society (FAVA) is looking for a driven, creative and passionate Marketing, Communications and Events Manager to work with our team to support the needs of our departments, members and organization as a whole.
FAVA has been providing education, professional film/video production equipment and community to Alberta independent screen-media artists for over 39 years. We are a small but mighty team committed to each other and supporting our members, partners and the community at large. FAVA is an artist-run centre that facilitates and supports the production, exhibition, distribution, and preservation of independent film, video and screen art in Alberta.
Reporting to the Executive Director, role will be responsible for:
- Creating and delivering on an annual strategy in support of operational goals
- Managing the content and distribution of FAVA’s newsletter
- Managing and sharing Social Media content (FaceBook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Managing and updating the fava.ca website
- Managing the vision and delivery of our three major annual events: FAVA Fest, Gotta Minute Film Festival, Summer BBQ
- Supporting the marketing needs for all departments (Rentals, Studios, Programming, Arts Management System-AMS, FAVATV and FAVA’s Archival Collection)
- Managing the MarCom & Events annual budget
- Providing reports and stats/metrics updates
- Contributing to the overall efforts, direction and vision of the organization as a respected and valued team member
- Supporting media inquires
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Undaunted by and comfortable with learning/using any software platform including:
- Social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- MS Office 365 suite of products
- Photoshop and InDesign
- New platforms as needed
- Capable of leading all aspects of event management
- Enviable collaborative and leadership skills
- Able to shape the processes, direction and the evolution of the MarCom & Events department
- Manage contractors, volunteers and partners in support of excellent MarCom & Events outcomes
As an ideal candidate, you are:
- Able to work unsupervised
- Showing great leadership potential/skills
- A problem-solver
- Excited by potential
- Comfortable with failing-forward
- Willing to learn, contribute and support
- A team player who is committed to the success of the organization
- Comfortable working with and managing contractors and partners
- Able to learn new skills and going beyond your comfort zone
- Unafraid to tackle obstacles
- Adept at managing multiple projects
Extra bonus points if you have experience doing:
- Graphic design
- Articulate value-propositions and messaging
- Website design and management
- Partner growth and management
- Stats analysis and interpreting metrics
- Big picture thinking
Benefits for this position include:
- Blue Cross
- Opportunities to take time off with pay to pursue creative endeavours
- Employee subsidies for equipment rentals and studio bookings
- Relaxed dress code
- Flexible work arrangements
- Hybrid workplace – home/office
- And more!
We are as interested in someone who is fearless, driven and motivated as we are with someone who can check all of these boxes. Of course, there are some foundational skills that need to be in place, this is an opportunity for the right person to apply what they know, go beyond expectation and grow their experience in a way that rewards the organization and themselves.
FAVA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants, their perspectives, contributions and input.
This position is full time and depending on experience, the range of pay is $21-$24 per hour to start.
Please send all cover letters and resumes to Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org by March 8th, 2021 before 11:59 pm.