Position: FAVA TV & Collections Assistant
Compensation: $15/hr, 40 hours per week for 12 weeks
Organization: Film and Video Arts Society of Alberta (FAVA)
FAVA is currently seeking a FAVA TV & Collections Assistant to join the FAVA team for 12 weeks in the summer of 2017. FAVA is a non-profit, charitable organization whose mandate is to support the creation, production, exhibition and distribution of film, video and media art in Northern Alberta.
FAVA serves members with diverse backgrounds and levels of experience, ranging from emerging, mid-career, to established artists with an unwavering passion for film, video and media art. FAVA offers a variety of workshops for artistic and skill development; is a resource for production equipment and post-production facilities; hosts events and screenings; and fosters and develops a dynamic media arts community in Northern Alberta.
Job Description: The FAVA TV & Collections Assistant will be responsible for assisting in the collection, conservation and distribution of the FAVA media arts collection. This job will include assisting with FAVA TV’s community production initiatives, assisting with the further development of favatv.com, our online distribution platform and assisting with the ongoing development and maintenance of FILMREEL, our online Arts Management App.
Details: Funding for this position is partially provided by the Government of Alberta STEP Program and therefore the following requirements must be met:
- Applicant must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
- Applicant must have been registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year
- Applicant intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year
- Applicant is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, vocational or technical program
Qualifications: The ideal candidate:
- Will be immensely computer savvy!
- An understanding of coding, library sciences and digital management will all be considered assets.
- An understanding of live video production, live switching and live streaming will all be considered assets.
- Will possess strong organizational skills and be highly self-motivated.
- Will possess a strong ability to multi-task and work both independently and in a team environment.
- Will possess a passion for digital distribution strategies
Deadline for Submissions: May 29th, 2017 by 4pm
Job Start Date: June 5, 2017
To Apply: E-mail your cover letter and resume to Katrina Beatty, Director of Production, at production at fava dot ca. An email will be sent confirming receipt of your application. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.