FAVA – Marketing, Communications and Events Manager
Permanent, full-time (36 hours per week; year-round);
occasional weekends and evenings
About the Film and Video Arts Society of Alberta:
The Film and Video Arts Society (FAVA) was founded 38 years ago and exists to facilitate and support the creation, exhibition, distribution, and preservation of independent film, video and new media art in Northern Alberta. FAVA is a member-run, film and video not-for-profit and charitable organization that serves its members with affordable equipment and studio rentals, programming and educational offerings, distribution opportunities and community in support of independent film and video creation.
FAVA is looking for a creative and highly organized marketing and events planning professional to plan, lead and execute the marketing and events needs of the different departments, the overarching organization, our members and our partners. This position works with and reports directly to the Executive Director.
The successful candidate will be a part of an agile and driven team focused on service, growth and support.
- Developing and managing budgets, annual strategies, and project/event plans that deliver successful organizational outcomes
- Planning, developing and executing strategic and methodical campaigns to target-audiences in support of department and organizational needs
- Developing strategies and plans to optimize the effectiveness of all digital properties (website, social media, online ads, partner websites)
- Establishing targets and benchmarks, and track/analyze KPIs for all activities for reporting, improvement and ROI-analysis purposes
- Managing/developing collateral content and design
- Managing and supporting the communication of the organization’s brand and the value proposition’s for each target audience, to all staff, contractors and partners
- Establishing an nurturing relationships between the organization and relevant contractors, suppliers, partners, etc.
- Managing and growing all subscriber, member, partner and donor lists
- Planning, organizing and overseeing the successful execution of all public-facing events
- Support other organizational efforts and activities as required
- Engaging with and supporting media and third-party influencers
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in marketing (social, digital and traditional) and event planning/management; a combination of education and experience will be considered
- Post-secondary degree in Marketing, Business, English or related disciplines
- Strong collaboration and partner relationship skills
- Superior understanding of the suite of MS Office products
- Strong understanding of Adobe suite of products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong data and analytical skills
- Graphic design skills considered a plus
- Strong project management skills
- Able to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Able to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Passion for film and storytelling
- Familiar with the processes and concepts behind film and video production
- Able to lead project teams and contractors
- Respectful, positive and helpful attitude
36 hours per week. Occasional work outside of regular business hours (evenings and weekends).
$37,000 – $43,000 based on qualifications and experience
Start Date February 3, 2020
Deadline to submit: Before 11:59 PM, January 17, 2020. Please send your cover letter and resume to HR@FAVA.ca
References will be requested should you be selected for an interview. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
For more information about The Film and Video Arts Society, please visit our website (fava.ca) and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.