FAVA FEST RETURNS IN 2024!
FAVA FEST is FAVA’s annual celebration of film, video, and media art created by our membership over the last 24 month. FAVA Fest 2024 will run in March, and submissions are open from November 10th, 2023 to January 12th, 2024
Submissions for FAVA Fest 2024 open on November 10th! All FAVA members in good standing are eligible to submit their work during the submission period. Members in good standing are defined as those who have paid their membership fees and have NO outstanding debts beyond 90 days. If you are not a member or need your membership renewed, please first fill out our membership form to complete that process before applying.
FAVA Fest accepts a variety of work, including:
- Short Form Narrative Films
- Long Form Narrative Films
- Short Form Documentary Films
- Long Form Documentary Films
- Experimental Films
- Music Videos
- Recorded Inter-art Performances or Installations
For a work to be accepted, it MUST be NEWLY CREATED WORK from the past 24 months, and must follow our eligibility guidelines which can be located within the submission portal. To submit your work through FAVA’s AMS-Network submission portal, follow the instructions below.:
- Navigate to fava.amsnetwork.ca.
- Login to your FAVA AMS account. If you have never done this before:
- Click “Forgot Password.”
- Enter the email you used to become a FAVA Member and click “Send Validation Token.”
- Follow the instructions provided in the email sent to your inbox and reset your password.
- From the dashboard, click “Applications -> New Application.”
- A box should appear in the center of your screen titled “Select a Campaign.” Click the drop box and select “FAVA Fest 2024.”
- Give your application a name (this can be the project title), then click “Start Application.”
- From here, you are now on “My Applications” page. Here you can monitor the status of your application, and complete it at your pace.
- On the righthand side of the page under “Actions,” you will see a button to “Start” the submission forms There are three submission forms that all must be completed to finish your submission.
- Fill out the forms. You can make progress and come back later, just make sure to click “Save Draft” instead of “Complete Form.” Only click “Complete Form” when you are ready to submit your project for consideration.
- BE CAUTIOUS: The delete button is very close to the edit button. If you click the delete button, your application will be cleared and you will have to start over. Please be extra careful when going to edit your application form.
- All FAVA members in good standing are eligible to apply. Members in good standing are defined as those who have paid their membership fees for the year and have NO outstanding debts beyond 90 days. To buy or renew your membership, please complete our online form or email [email protected].
- In accordance with Board policy, all FAVA members, including Staff and Board Members, are encouraged to apply.
- Only directors or producers who own the rights to the project and retain creative control are eligible to apply.
- Applicants are welcome for projects completed within the last 24 months.
- Projects submitted to previous FAVA Fest’s are not eligible to be resubmitted.
- FAVA members are welcome to apply with as many eligible projects in as many different categories as they wish. Please fill out a separate entry form for each application.
- If the film or video contains third-party content (such as video, music or images), the applicant must have the right to use that content.
- The film or video must not infringe third-party copyrights or other intellectual property.
- Festival selections allow FAVA the right to use publicity materials related to the film or video and to broadcast or screen clips to a maximum of 30 seconds for promotional purposes.
- If the jury decides that a project is more appropriate for a different award category, FAVA reserves the right to move the application that would better serve the application.