The Film and Video Arts Society of Alberta (FAVA) is seeking a new Director of Programming. FAVA is a 37-year non-profit media arts collective serving a diverse membership focused in central and northern Alberta.
The Director of Programming is responsible for educational programming, exhibition and event programming, outreach and fund raising. The Director of Programming reports to the Executive Director, interfaces with the Director of Communications and Membership and coordinates activities with other members of the FAVA Team. A more detailed job description is given below.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated strong planning and organizational skills, effective communication and public relationship skills and ability to manage a budget. The ability to develop and reach short-term and long-term goals aimed at achieving the long-term vision of the society is expected. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with the Alberta arts and culture scene including an understanding of media arts and awareness of the current trends, activities, and developments in media arts on a regional and national level. An undergraduate degree (or equivalent or higher) in a field related to this posting is desirable.
This position is located in the offices of FAVA’s headquarters in Edmonton, Alberta with hours ranging between 24 – 32 / week and an hourly wage of $22 CAD. The Director of Programming position includes a generous benefits package, including pension matching.
Please submit a cover letter and resume/CV as a single PDF document to email@example.com
Application deadline: April 19, 2019
Interview candidates will be contacted by email no later than April 30, 2019
The Director of Programming’s duties include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate, plan and implement all of FAVA’s programming activities and ensure that appropriate administrative and financial details are completed
- Develop an annual outline of programming activities and departmental expenditures in consultation with the Executive Director and to be approved by the Board of Directors
- Provide information and guidance to members regarding workshops, exhibitions, and other FAVA membership programs, activities and special events
- Manage and report on the departmental budget throughout the year
- Identify funding opportunities and assist in preparing documents required by the Executive Director to facilitate FAVA’s general grant writing, programming or fund raising needs
- Work closely with the Director of Communications and Membership Services to provide pertinent programming information
- Work closely with the Director of Production to book the equipment and space as required for programming activities
- Hire instructors and coordinate juries
- Identify and develop strategic partnerships with community organizations
- Communicate clearly with membership, staff, ED and Board of Directors
- Attend Programming Committee meetings and work with the committee members
- Provide detailed written monthly reports to the Board of Directors