Artist Rates for Film and Video Equipment
OFFICE HOURS & LOCATION
Production Equipment Rentals and Studios offices are in Room 149 on the bottom floor of the building. Click here to view the map.
- Hours: Monday to Friday 10:00am – 6:00pm (closed for lunch 1:30-2:30pm)
- FAVA Staff are not available or on-call on weekends and holidays unless arrangements have been made
- Please note: The Orange Hub Parkade is closed for construction. Pick-up/drop-off of equipment can be handled via the loading dock on 155th Street. Please communicate with our production staff as needed.
- Contact Information:
- [email protected]
- (780) 424-4368
FAVA provides affordable access to film and video equipment and studios to every FAVA member in good standing with artistic control of their project. Commercial rates apply to non-members and commercial projects.
MEMBERSHIP RENTAL CRITERIA:
- FAVA’s equipment is available to members in good standing, provided they show competency and safe use the equipment. Mistreated or damaged equipment can result in considerable expenses for the organization and suspension of rental privileges.
- To avoid situations of misuse with especially sensitive or expensive gear, members must display proficient and safe use to the Rentals staff before renting the gear. If there is not a class or a workshop covering what you are interested in learning, we can set up one-on-one training through our Access-To-Artists program.
- To be eligible for FAVA member rates, members must have full creative control over their work. Member rates are available to those who are making work in support of our mandate.
RENTAL POLICIES & PROCEDURES
- To book equipment, you may contact the rentals staff by phone at (780)424-4368 or by email at [email protected]. It is recommended to book ahead to avoid the disappointment of unavailable items.
- FAVA requires the project name of every rental. We also require a ProRes 422 file of completed projects for archival purposes and grant reporting.
- You are responsible for the condition of the equipment on the shoot and upon its return.
- Renters are responsible for verifying the accuracy of the packing list upon pick-up (all items on the list are prepared, including accessories).
- You are responsible for providing disposables such as batteries, tape, adaptors, etc. However, we do carry an inventory of goods available for purchase.
- Equipment returns are due before 1:00 pm, with rental pick-ups between 3:00 pm and 6:00 pm. If rentals need to be picked up earlier or are late for return, this must be organized with our staff as late returns without notice may be subject to additional charges. As the team is only available during our office hours, we do not accept rental returns/ pick-ups outside of these hours.
- Equipment is to be returned in as good or better shape than sent out. Lenses should be clean, cables clean and neatly coiled, etc.
- All rentals are subject to a maximum 5% insurance charge based on membership type (5% Associate Members – 3% General Members – 1% Producer Members)
FAVA is the place to make films and we have the gear to support your project! We have a wide variety of equipment for members of all skill sets. From HD digital cameras and Super 8 film, to a 5K RED EPIC and Arri 35mm film cameras all at artist rates for independent artist run productions.
- Insurance becomes void if equipment is left unsupervised, used in an unsafe manner or in conflict with the laws of Alberta.
- Insurance becomes void if equipment is used in a moving vehicle (land, water, air) or from a height of 15m or greater.
- If a claim is needed, the deductible is $2500 to be paid by the renting member.
- More detailed information is available upon request.
EQUIPMENT INSURANCE FEES:
FAVA insures all of our equipment, and we charge a small premium which helps us be able to help our members working on independent art. Note: We are not able to insure commercial rentals, and will require the individual to provide a certificate of insurance.
Associate Members – 5% of the rental amount.
General Members – 3% of the rental amount.
Producer Members – 1% of the rental amount.
Lifetime Members – 0% of the rental amount.