Current updates as of September 16, 2021
The health and safety of all who work and play at FAVA are paramount as we continue to provide rentals and services to the community. Effective as of September 16 the following COVID-19 restrictions are in place:
- The City of Edmonton’s Orange Hub facility requires all tenants and visitors to wear masks in the building at all times, except while alone in workstations.
- FAVA Production (Studios & Equipment) and Administration will continue to require members and visitors to wear masks, practice social distancing (2 meters) and use hand sanitizers provided when entering the Production offices located in Room 381 and other FAVA spaces. FAVA staff members will continue to follow safety practices in our space until further notice. Members and visitors who do not wish to follow FAVA’s COVID policy when entering our space may be denied entrance and service.
- Wearing masks or face coverings is a community effort for those who can. Anyone unable to wear a mask due to an approved medical condition will require a medical exception letter from an authorized health professional. Please remember to be kind to those who are unable to wear masks.
- FAVA Programming and Events – while safety adjustments have been made to our classes, workshops and events by making the switch to online and/or hybrid models, there still remain some instances of in-person participation. As of September 16th, 2021, we require that everyone aged 12 and up who engages in a FAVA in-person class, workshop or event must be double vaccinated against COVID-19 OR provide proof of a negative PCR COVID-19 test completed no more than 72 hours beforehand.
- We ask that you please stay at home if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 and follow all Government of Alberta requirements for isolation if you are experiencing symptoms.
Acceptable proof of vaccination may include:
- Electronic or paper records including those provided via the My Health Records app or website. Once vaccine cards or passports from the Alberta Government are available, we will accept those.
- The paper form provided by healthcare providers at the time of vaccination
- Official proofs issued by other provincial, territorial, or federal governments
Acceptable proof of a negative PCR test may include:
- Text message, email, or printed verification from Alberta Health Services
- Text message, email, or printed verification from a pharmacy or lab
- Photocopies, screencaps, and photographs of proof of negative test
We will accept photocopies, screencaps, and photographs of all proofs provided the person’s name is clearly visible. We ask that individuals also present a piece of identification alongside their proof of vaccination or negative test result. No personal information will be scanned, stored, or shared.
To access and download your vaccine card go to the AHS website here.
We are operating at a reduced capacity in each studio and rental space. Please check with our Studios Manager Cole Martin if you are unsure.
We thank you for your patience as we navigate this new way of working and facilitating the making of art and education.
Safety Protocols Quick Guide
Mask-wearing —As per provincial and municipal restrictions, all visitors, staff, and volunteers must wear a mask inside the Orange Hub and FAVA spaces. Artists may unmask while working alone in rented studio spaces.
Clean & Sanitized— The Orange Hub building will be cleaned daily and all high-touch surfaces (counters, tables, chairs, handrails etc.) will be sanitized regularly. Sanitizer stations will be present throughout the building.
Rental Studios and Space—We are operating at a reduced capacity in each studio and rental space. Please check with our Studios Manager, Cole Martin if you are unsure or see our studios list below.
Vaccination Policy – We require that everyone aged 12 and up who engages in a FAVA in-person class, workshop or event must be double vaccinated against COVID-19 OR provide proof of a negative PCR COVID-19 test completed no more than 72 hours before hand.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IF I AM UNABLE TO GET A COVID-19 VACCINE?
We understand that certain individuals may be unable to receive a vaccine for a variety of reasons. Unvaccinated persons may provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours instead. There will be no exceptions to this rule for in-person classes, workshops and events.
WHAT IF I AM UNABLE TO WEAR A MASK?
Anyone unable to wear a mask due to an approved medical condition will require a medical exception letter from an authorized health professional.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I FORGET TO BRING MY PROOF OF VACCINATION OR NEGATIVE TEST RESULT?
If you forget to bring your proof of vaccination or negative test result, you will be unable to use FAVA services until this can be provided.
HOW LONG WILL THESE PROTOCOLS BE IN EFFECT?
Our COVID-19 protocols will be in effect for the foreseeable future. We continue to monitor the ongoing public health situation and will modify our policies as needed. Any changes will be communicated in advance.
Still have questions? We’re here to help. Reach out to us at [email protected]