Position: Summer Production & Rentals Assistant
Compensation: $15/hr, 40 hours per week for 12 weeks
Organization: Film and Video Arts Society of Alberta (FAVA)
FAVA is currently looking for a Production & Rentals Assistant to join the FAVA team for 12 weeks in the summer of 2017. FAVA is a non-profit, charitable organization whose mandate is to support the creation, production, exhibition and distribution of film, video and media art in Northern Alberta.
FAVA serves members with diverse backgrounds and levels of experience, ranging from emerging, mid-career, to established artists with an unwavering passion for film, video and media art. FAVA offers a variety of workshops for artistic and skill development; is a resource for production equipment and post-production facilities; hosts events and screenings; and fosters and develops a dynamic media arts community in Northern Alberta.
Job Description: The Production & Rentals Assistant will be responsible for assisting with the daily operations of the equipment depot. These tasks include fielding phone calls and e-mails with rental and technical inquiries, prepping and checking equipment for film shoots, overseeing the return and invoicing of equipment rentals, servicing gear both in house and coordinating repairs. Other duties and project-based tasks will be assigned based on the skill-set of the applicant.
Details: Funding for this position is partially provided by the Government of Alberta STEP Program and therefore the following requirements must be met:
- Applicant must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
- Applicant must have been registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year
- Applicant intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year
- Applicant is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, vocational or technical program
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have:
- A passionate interest in film, video and media arts
- Video and post-production experience. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is an asset
- Familiarity with a variety of film & video cameras, lighting, sound & grip equipment
- Strong organizational skills and be highly self-motivated
- Strong ability to multi-task and work both independently and in a team environment
- A desire to facilitate the creation of media art in Alberta
Deadline for Submissions: May 29th, 2017 by 4pm
Job Start Date: June 5, 2017
To Apply: E-mail your cover letter and resume to Katrina Beatty, Director of Production, at production at fava dot ca. An email will be sent confirming receipt of your application. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.