- You must be a member in good standing to rent equipment (accounts and membership dues or equivalent contribution).
- Equipment rentals are subject to the coop's mandate - in which the member has creative control over the project.
- You are responsible for the condition of equipment on the shootand upon its return.
- You are responsible for providing disposables such as batteries, adaptors, etc.
- Rentals are due back by noon of the agreed upon return date.
- Late returns are subject to extra billing.
- Please return equipment in as good or better shape than when you got it. Cables should be neatly coiled, etc.
- Book ahead - avoid disappointment.
- Most equipment comes in a protective case
to ensure the safe handling of delicate
components. Please guard the equipment from exposure to moisture, excessive heat, cold and dust.
- FAVA requires a VHS or DVD copy of completed projects for archival and grant purposes.
- For some of the gear, you must be accredited for use, in writing, by an experienced member, prior to your rental. This is at a cost of $25.00/hour paid directly to the instructor and can be facilitated by the Production Department. Rental charges are waived for these sessions.
Formats supported at FAVA include:
35mm, Super 16, 16mm, Super 8, 4K, 2K, HD, BluRay, DVCAM, Mini DV, BETA SP, 3/4 SP, DigiBETA, SVHS and VHS.
Click below to download the equipment list brochure.
FAVA Equipment List Print_JAN_2013_FINAL.pdf